The Coronavirus is serious – there is no denying that. But right now (at the time of writing this), for most people in most locations the risk of contracting COVID-19 is still low. If you follow basic health and hygiene practices, then your risks are likely even lower again.
Those most at risk are older persons and persons with pre-existing medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease, cancer or diabetes. These people appear to develop serious illness more often than others.
So let’s all focus on putting more effort into the following and less effort into stock piling toilet paper – which is only going to place those most at risk, at higher risk:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1.5 metre distance between others.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 hotspots (cities or local areas where COVID-19 is spreading widely). If possible, avoid traveling to places – especially if you are an older person or have diabetes, heart or lung disease.
These are all simple practices and should form part of everyday life regardless of what virus may or may not be circling the globe.
The above information has been taken directly from the World Health Organisation’s website – https://www.who.int/
What are we doing to protect our clients and ourselves?
We have very strict health and hygiene practices in place already and we’ve often been complimented on this. We go far beyond what is considered the norm. You can actually read a little bit about what we do on our website – https://www.stellarskinbody.clinic/health-hygiene/
To highlight a few things – hand sanitisers are accessible around the clinic and we invite all clients to use these as they enter and leave the clinic.
Hard surfaces such as the reception desk, EFTPOS machine, coffee tables and so on are wiped down regularly with alcohol wipes. All glassware is washed in hot, soapy water after every use.
Our clinic is also very spacious so there is plenty of room between clients for your comfort.
All of this already forms part of our clinic policies and procedures. It’s called being responsible and delivering a quality service.
Reliable sources of information?
If you’re getting information from anywhere else, use it with caution!
Will essential oils help me? Probably not!
We bring this issue up because we’ve seen a rise in people promoting and selling things like custom essential oil mixes – making claims that they can fight off disease and infections (one specifically mentioned Coronavirus). This is reckless, it’s dangerous, and it’s downright stupid. STOP!
For starters, this may be considered ‘illegal’. While we all love a good essential oil, there is no essential oil on the planet that is considered a ‘therapeutic’ or has been proven to cure any form of infectious disease. No one should be making suggestions or giving advice on sanitation and disinfection that falls outside the guidelines set by appropriate authorities in relation to infectious diseases.
Let’s all work together – responsibly and safely.