What you eat and drink can have a significant impact on your skin – including how it looks and feels.
The ‘gut-skin connection’ is something we’ve been practising for years and it’s great to see that many more clinics are starting to adopt the practice.
If you’re having skin problems such as breakouts or acne, or even just want to improve the overall look and feel of your skin, the first place to start without spending a single dollar or stepping foot inside a skin clinic is to take a good look at what you’re eating and drinking. Sometimes very simple changes to your nutrition can make a significant difference.
For example (some tips)…
- Fill up on fiber rich foods like fresh vegetables, fruits, beans and whole grains.
- Increase intake of EFAs (essential fatty acids) either by eating fatty fish like salmon and/or by supplementing with high quality fish oils like Nordic Naturals.⠀
- If you’re drinking a can of Coke or other soft drink everyday, cut it back to one can every two days.
- If you’re having 2 coffees a day, try having just one.
- If you’re only drinking 1 litre of water a day, aim for 2.
- Reduce overall sugar intake. Be mindful of ‘added sugar’ in things like yogurts, sauces and even cereals.
If you’d like to discuss your diet and nutrition in more detail, we recommend getting in contact with Alysia Chick Naturopath. Alysia is practising out of our clinic two days a week on a Tuesday and Thursday and is also available for online video consults.
We’ve partnered with Alysia to ensure we are delivering you the very best results possible. While we focus on your skin, Alysia can focus on your nutrition – ensuring you get a comprehensive, holistic, complete approach to skin health and overall wellbeing.